A summer in the Val di Fassa Dolomites without sport and movement in the mountains is simply unimaginable. Here the exciting activities are endless from hiking and climbing, to riding mountain bike and Nordic walking, rafting, horse riding or golfing, in the road bike saddle, on the paraglider or in one of the many adventure parks. And all this in the beautiful scenery of the Dolomites, whose uniqueness and beauty is now officially recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Summer Val di Fassa Dolomites:
Hiking, cycling and climbing
If you love the mountains, Chalet Vites is the right place for you!
Do you like hiking and mountain climbing? Then the Chalet Vites Mountain Hotel is just the right place for you. We will provide you with hiking maps, backpacks and hiking sticks, and should you have questions or any doubts, we will be happy to help you out: with tips for the best excursions in our Val di Fassa.
Hiking and mountain trails!
Whether you are looking for comfortable hikes or challenging mountain tours, the Val di Fassa is the place to go. There is really a vast choice, from pleasant walks in the valley – surrounded by flower meadows and deep green forests – to challenging climbing routes, reccomended to take only with an experienced mountain guide – for the ultimate peak experience.
Discover the Dolomites on the bike
And then there are also the wheels, whether it is in the form of a road bike or a mountain bike.
- Lovers of the road bike can enjoy the Dolomite cycle path, which winds through Val di Fassa and Val di Fiemme. 48 km of pure pleasure along the riverbanks of the Avisio – always with a breathtaking panorama. And if you do not want to return on the bike, you can always use the buses of the Bike Express Fassa Fiemme. It’s that simple…
- In Val di Fassa,the fit bikers can also take the king stages of the Giro d’Italia, which lead up the pass roads on the Passo Sella or Passo Pordoi. Who prefers to get off the asphalted roads, can ride around the Sassolungo, climb the Sellaronda, the Latemar area, or take the easier routes in the Val Duron and Val Contrin.
- And for the cracks there are adrenaline-pumping downhill and freeride routes in the Fassa Bike Park in Canazei and countless routes up to our mountains.
Chalet Vites for the bike lovers
In the chalet Vites we rent comfortable bicycles, you can use to explore Val di Fassa on the cycle paths. For those who need more action, we also rent road bikes and mountain bikes at a special price– traditional ones as well as e-bikes. We also gladly help you with the route planning and give you some tips and free maps, if you wish so.
More than „only“ hiking and cycling!
Sure, the variety of hiking trails, climbing routes and bike trails is huge in Val di Fassa. And yet the valley offers far more:
- A driving range in Campitello and a nine-hole golf courtat Passo di Costalunga
- Rafting on the river Avisio
- Tandem flights with the paragliders
- Accompanied Nordic walking tours,
- Horseback riding,
- Fun and entertainment in the fun pool Dòlaondes;
- The thermal center QC Terme Dolomiti
And because a holiday can not only consist of sports and work-out, you should not forget to enjoy a few relaxing moments: in the bars and restaurants of Val di Fassa, where you can taste the local cuisine, in typical shops and boutiques where You can do shopping. And if you have still time left,you can choose something from the wide selection of cultural activities and entertainment our valley offers.
Excursions organized and the Val di FassaCard
The Chalet Vites Mountain Hotel is a partner of the Sport Check Point. This partnership gives you a whole lot of benefits and low prices when booking sports and leisure activities in the valley. You can do everything right from the hotel.
Discover the walking offer, developed in collaboration with Sport Check Point in summer 2019!
For our guests there is also the Val di Fassa Card, which offers a whole range of discounts and reductions. For example, you can buy the PanoramaPass at an affordable price, which in turn allows you to use all the ascent facilities and public transport operating in summer.